SaveNaturefree -Code of Conduct
One of the best aspects of the SaveNaturefree Network Community is that, like the real world, our membership is diverse. There are people with vastly different views regarding nature the environment, human rights, and many other topics that you will find on our boards.
We see this diversity and variety as a real strength, and see dialog and debate as an integral part of the educational process as well as an important tool in exploring different sides of complex issues. We ask that all of our members respect this diversity, and the diverse views and beliefs held by others on our site.
We are committed to allowing freedom of expression for our members, including maintaining a safe space for people with opposing views to express themselves. While we will not remove posts on the basis of the views expressed, we do demand respect and courtesy from our members.
We will not tolerate abusive language or personal attacks on our boards.
We reserve the right to remove any posts, threads or groups which we feel are in violation of our Code of Conduct for the SaveNaturefree Network or the Terms of Service for membership. Additionally, users who violate these rules can be removed from using our boards or blocked from using our site without notice.
Code of Conduct:
Respect and courtesy – All SaveNaturefree Network Members are entitled to express their views and beliefs in a safe environment, within the realms of spirituality and without insulting or endangering the rights of others. Any such activity will be removed and will be grounds for immediate banning from the network.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Any harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, or otherwise objectionable posts.
- Any posts which are invasive of others privacy.
- Name calling or otherwise attacking the person posting rather than the content of the post. Discussion and debate is perfectly healthy, but we will not tolerate personal attacks.
- Any bigotry, racial, ethnic, religious or gender slurs or insults relating to the mental, physical or intellectual qualities of any member.
Vulgarity – All SaveNaturefree Network members agree to not post text or images that are vulgar, obscene, graphically violent or sexually explicit in nature.
Violent action – No member of SaveNaturefree Network may use our boards or network messaging system to advocate violence against others, even in jest.
Illegal activities – No SaveNaturefree Network member may use our services to promote illegal actions or to instigate illegal activity from other SaveNaturefree Network members.
‘Hate messages’ – No member may post or email ‘hate’ messages. This includes any messages that may incite violence toward someone because of their age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation, including:
Advocating violence or aggression against persons because they are a member of any of the above categories
Implying or stating that members of one of these categories ‘deserve’ or ‘earned’ death or violence towards them.
Degrading or insulting whole classes of people, or using such statements to justify actions taken against them.
Privacy – No SaveNaturefree Network member may use our site to collect personal information about other SaveNaturefree Network members, or to post such information for others to view. This includes telephone numbers, addresses, etc.
Stalking – No member may stalk or otherwise harass others on our site.
Business activity –
Some not for profit org`s are tolerated but only the administrators are permitted to conduct, post, or engage in, any profitable business activity on this site. Members will be permitted to engage in advertising approved items at our real world neighborhood kiosk’s.
Copyrights – No SaveNaturefree Network member may post, email or otherwise distribute information or content which infringes on a copyright, patent trademark or other proprietary right of another party unless properly authorizes to do so and having gained the necessary rights.
Disruptive posts – No member may disrupt the discussion boards by posting repeatedly with the same information or by otherwise preventing the use of these boards by other SaveNaturefree Network members.
Anonymous posts – If anonymous posts are abusive, do not adhere to our Respect and Courtesy Guidelines, or otherwise violate the SaveNaturefree Network Code of Conduct, they will be removed. Members who repeatedly are posting inappropriate anonymous posts will be blocked from making anonymous posts, as the SaveNaturefree Network administration can track anonymous posts to membership registrations.
SPAM / Bulk mailings – No member may upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized commercial advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
Impersonation – No member may impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a SaveNaturefree Network official or group forum leader; or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. No member shall misrepresent either explicitly or implicitly their affiliation with the SaveNaturefree Network.
Minors – SaveNaturefree Network Members may not post, email, or otherwise take action that endangers or harms a minor in any way.
Problems and abuse reporting – Do not respond to abusive posts or otherwise engage in the furthering of inappropriate topics and posts. If you encounter a member that is abusing our system, report them directly to the site administrators Jodie or Niki so that appropriate action can be taken.
The Code of Conduct is intended as a guideline for how members should interact with each other on the SaveNaturefree Network. Just like a real community, you may have different opinions than other SaveNaturefree Network users. While the SaveNaturefree Network experience is best when people abide by the guidelines, it is up to each Group Owner to interpret and enact the Code of Conduct as they see fit. Note that the Code of Conduct guidelines do not substitute or override the SaveNaturefree Network Terms of Service which all members must abide by.
Thank you for participating on the SaveNaturefree Network, and for abiding by our rules. We enjoy and appreciate all the different backgrounds, views and beliefs of our members, and hope that the SaveNaturefree Network remains a site for respectful exchange of ideas. Only through tolerance, respect and consideration can we hope to make a difference in our world, so please remember to treat other members accordingly. We understand that sometimes debates and discussions can get heated, and people do get emotional. However, it is times like this when it is most important for all of us to take a moment to consider our impact on others, and to respond to each other as members of the same community, rather than attacking in the heat of the moment.
The terms of the Code of Conduct are under the rights discretion of the SaveNaturefree Network and may change without prior notification.
In addition these
Terms of Service
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this Network:
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to engage in spamming, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes”, advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this Network without authorization;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Network or prevent others from using this Network, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this Network, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use this Network;
- to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy this Network or the content contained therein;
- to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this Network or to users; and
- in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
- Additionally, you agree not to:
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this Network or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this Network for the purposes of automating logins to this Network;
- Post any content containing child pornography to this Network;
- Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this Network – except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or “well-behaved” web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by “well-behaved”;
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Network’s infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this Network;
- Use this Network as a generic file hosting service;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this Network or for using it for purposes unrelated to this Network); and
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this Network.
To provide notice of alleged copyright infringement on this Network, please see the DMCA Notification Guidelines.
You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this Network to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these Network Terms of Service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our Network platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these Network Terms of Service. Technology and hosting for aspects of this Network are provided by this Network’s online service provider. However, the Network Creator of this Network controls the content, membership and policy of this Network, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of this Network. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on this Network you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this Network and participation with this Network.